May 3, 2022
SPLOST & LOST
- SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated April 30, 2022, reflect collections reported for March 2022. For that period, SPLOST collections were $1,149,103.18 which is a $160,190.46 (16.2%) increase over the same period last year. LOST collections were $727,701.81 which is a $100,904.86 (16.1%) increase over the same period last year.
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICIALS & FIRST RESPONDERS SUPPLEMENT GRANT
- Gordon County has received the funds from the State and will pay this supplement to the certified public safety officials who are entitled to receive on Friday, May 13th.
- The recommended budget will be presented to the BOC and public on May 17. A public hearing on the budget will be held on June 7 at the BOC meeting and Budget Adoption is scheduled for June 21, 2022 to go into effect on July 1, 2022.
- Gordon County has filed the required quarterly report on the American Rescue Plan Act revenue and expenditures. The County received the first round of funding last year and spent a portion on premium pay for essential government workers with the balance held for the broadband project that is currently underway.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS & ACTIVITY
- Possession of the 1961Courthouse has been transferred to Momon Construction. Security fencing is going up and planned demolition is underway.
- The Gordon County Development Authority met last week. The County continues to experience a very high level of interest from developers of industrial, logistics, commercial and residential projects.
- Gordon County continues to advance its initiative to bring broadband to unserved areas of the county in partnership with Comcast.
- On April 26, the Chamber of Commerce held a Forum for Candidates for various State and local offices at the Sonoraville Recreation Center. The event was well attended by candidates seeking public office and spectators. Our high school students did a great job posing questions to all of the candidates and Jim Rosencrance was a very good moderator.
- Steve Parris and I assisted a property owner with legal issues pertaining to a county ROW.
- The 2022 flyover aerial photos are now available at the Gordon County Tax Assessors website. A lot of recent development is shown on the map. For instance, Buc-ee's is now shown on the map. The last flyover was in 2015.
LITTLE FREE LIBRARY
- I attended the dedication of the Little Free Library last week at the Ooky Faith Memorial Park.
FEDERAL TRANSPORTATION FUNDING
- The Federal Government has announced grant opportunities under the Safe Streets and Roads For All Act. I have attached a fact sheet for your information.