May 16, 2023
CASH & INVESTMENT REPORT
- This report is in your material and available for review.
- The BOC, Administrator and Finance Director held a Budget work session today at 4 pm. The recommended Budget will be presented to the BOC tonight. In addition, the recommended budget will be available to the public tomorrow on the county website and a physical copy will be available for inspection in the County Offices at 201 N Wall Street, Calhoun. The BOC will hold a Public Hearing on the Budget at its next meeting which is June 6, 2023 at 6 pm. The final budget will be adopted on June 20, 2023.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS & ACTIVITY
- 1960s Courthouse: On schedule for completion in August 2023.
- Administration Building: Renovation work has begun on the roof, gutters and cornice. The building was constructed circa 1912 and is an important example of period architecture.
- Reviewed schematic designs (v1) on March 27th.
- Met with stakeholders on April 14, 2023
- Reconstruction to occur on same site
- Updated schematic is approximately 5200 sq ft
- Salacoa Park Buildings Phase 1: the concession stand, is complete.
- Tennis Courts: The Tennis Courts project will begin at the end of May 2023.
Evidence Building Morgue
- Met with stakeholders on April 21st, 26th and May 8th.
- We are evaluating the possibility of having two different buildings in two different locations.
- DCA has approved the draft comprehensive plan. The plan remains open for public comment. The plan and comment form may be linked from homepage of the county website at gordoncounty.org. The final plan is scheduled for adoption on June 20, 2023.
- The Gordon County and Floyd County Joint Development Authority will meet tomorrow at the Gordon Chamber of Commerce.
EMS QUALITY REVIEW & PUBLIC SAFETY
- These committees met last week to review Emergency Medical services and provide a forum for discussion for all local public safety agencies. Commission Chairman, Bud Owens, served lunch for us.
GEORGIA SECRETARY OF STATE
- Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger, was in town last week at a Chamber lunch. Following the program, Secretary Raffensperger toured the new county elections office that is currently under construction in the 1961 Courthouse building.
- Ann Bradford, Director of the Senior Center, hosted an open house for the newly renovated Senior Center. They had food and live music and a good time was had by all.
- Code Enforcement is completed.
- Planning and Zoning is completed.
- Business Licenses is almost completed.
- Beginning Public Works Permits in May